In order to adequately decide if this internship is the right one for you, we understand you need information about what will be involved and required of you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have beyond the scope of the information below.
- Interns will be required to serve for a minimum of eleven weeks. Each intern will have opportunities to preach and teach, plan and prepare activities, work with all different age-groups, go soul winning, disciple young Christians, and be involved with the practical everyday workings of the church.
- Students will be required to keep a ministry notebook, participate in regular soul winning and follow-up, and complete assignments. Assignments will include required reading, completing personal evaluations, turning in weekly sermon notes and lessons, memorizing verses, completing an end-of-the-summer paper summarizing your experience, and more.
- The goal of this internship is to give hands-on experience, and that will be the primary assignment in most cases.
Must have health insurance
Must provide their own round-trip ticket for the program
Must have clearance from immigration if not a US citizen
Must have financial support for personal needs
Must agree with the church doctrinal statement and program rules
This is an energetic and challenging 40 hours (or more) a week program designed to sharpen and train you to be fully equipped for serving God in every area of ministry from the mission field to your home church. We put you right in with our staff members ministering to people and doing to work of the ministry. The program itself will consist of the following breakdown:
- 11 weeks (May 24 – August 7)
- Open to Men & Women
- $1000 scholarship
- Work at summer camp
- Plan and host a VBS program
- Working with many cultures
- Working with military personnel
- Soul winning and outreach
- Training and investing in younger Christians
All interns are required to provide their own transportation to and from the islands and support during their time in Hawaii. Interns should expect to spend up to $50 each week (depending on personal habits and needs). As you look to decide whether this program is right for you, please keep in mind these expenses and look at ticket prices to make an informed decision. The church will provide each intern with the following:
- Groceries for all meals eaten in
- Local transportation
- $1000 scholarship
- Love offering at the end of the program
Interns are encouraged to raise support from churches, family, and friends to gain the full experience of going to the mission field. If desired, we can assist you in creating support documents and information for raising support. Limited funds mail be available for students with special needs.
When will I be informed if I am accepted to the program or not?
I am married. Would my spouse and I be allowed to participate in the program?
What if I cannot afford the tickets and personal support?
What if I am not a US citizens?
We welcome your interest, but you must fluently speak English and be legally in the United States for the duration of the program. We live in a multi-cultural environment and offer unique opportunities to those with a multi-cultural heritage.