In order to adequately decide if this internship is the right one for you, we understand you need information about what will be involved and required of you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have beyond the scope of the information below.
- Interns will be required to serve for eleven weeks.
- Students will be required to keep a ministry notebook, participate in regular soul winning and follow-up, and complete assignments. Assignments can include required reading, completing personal evaluations, turning in weekly sermon notes and lessons, memorizing verses, completing an end-of-the-summer paper summarizing your experience, and more.
- Interns must have all of the following to be eligible for the summer program.
- Health insurance
- Round-trip ticket for the program
- Clearance from immigration if not a US citizen
- Financial support for personal needs
- No personal debt
- Agreement with the church doctrinal statement and program rules
This is an energetic and challenging 40 hours (or more) a week program designed to sharpen and train you to be fully equipped for serving God in every area of ministry from the mission field to your home church. We put you right in with our staff members ministering to people and doing to work of the ministry. The program itself will consist of the following breakdown:
- 11 weeks (May 24 – August 9)
- Open to Men & Women
- $1000 scholarship
- Work at summer camp
- Working with many cultures
- Working with military members
- Training and investing in younger Christians
- The goal of this internship is to give hands-on experience, and that will be the primary assignment in most cases.
- Each intern will be assigned to a specific area of service, working under one of the pastoral staff. Within this assigned area, interns will have opportunities to preach and teach, plan and prepare activities, work with all different age-groups, go soul-winning, disciple young Christians, and be involved with the practical everyday workings of the church.
- Missions/Ethnic Ministries
All interns are required to provide their own transportation to and from the islands and support during their time in Hawaii. Depending on their personal spending habits, an intern can get by on as little as basic personal necessities each week. As you look to decide whether this program is right for you, please keep in mind these expenses and look at ticket prices to make an informed decision. The church will provide each intern with the following:
- Groceries for all meals eaten in
- Local transportation
- $1000 scholarship
- A love offering at the end of the program
Interns are encouraged to raise support from churches, family, and friends to gain the full experience of going to the mission field. If desired, we can assist you in creating support documents and information for raising support. Limited funds may be available for students based on need.
When will I be informed if I am accepted to the program or not?
Within six weeks of receiving your application and all references, we will let you know whether or not you have been accepted into this year’s program.
What if I cannot afford the tickets and personal support?
Where God leads, God supplies. Part of the reason for participating in this internship is to experience a little of what it is like to go to a mission field. Raising support and trusting the Lord is part of that experience. Discuss your personal financial needs with your parents and your Pastor.
Would I be allowed to come early or stay longer than the 11 weeks required?
We are more than happy to allow extra time in the islands. Please inform us at least 45 days prior to the start of the internship of plans to be more than three days earlier or later than the dates of the internship. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of housing for more than three days extra.
I am married. Would my spouse and I be allowed to participate in the program?
We are not opposed to having married couples intern, but due to the logistics involved, they will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
What if I am not a US citizens?
We welcome your interest, but you must fluently speak English and be legally in the United States for the duration of the program. We live in a multi-cultural environment and offer unique opportunities to those with a multi-cultural heritage.